Friday, October 17, 2008

Finally they heard that ... "web-based services"

Back in 2007, W3C had a workshop of "Web of Services for Enterprise Computing". I have blogged it here. The presentations at the workshop made me understand more about why some thought the so-called "web services" were not about web. It was around that time that I started to believe that REST is much better than WS-* for the problems I was looking at. These came to my mind when I read the CFP of ICWS2009 this morning. It sounds like that the organizers began to realize that "web services" should be "web-based services". Two of three major conference areas have web titled -- "Web-based Services", "Web Services Applications beyond Web". Hope I can have a manuscript for it by January 19, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment